My switch is indeed better behaving - it emulates some weird monitor on
inactive ports. Before that I was using display dummies to avoid resolution
resets but I never had an issue with keyboard focus getting lost. May be it
is because of Windows 7 where the QXL window just stays on "Starting
Window" screen and is not used by the OS in any way. I never used a Widnows
10 VM and can't compare. Does it display anything in the QXL window?