On Thursday, August 26th, 2021 at 14:59, Roger Lawhorn <r...@twc.com> wrote:

> he says he must use uefi, after i suggested seabios might fix the issue.
> says he cant passthru pci-e without uefi in proxmox.
> back when i had this issue i solved it by going to seabios.
> uefi reveals too much about your card to windows thus nvidia rejects it
> with code 43.

SeaBIOS versus OVMF (UEFI) is separate from machine type (i440fx versus q35).
Which q35 version is he using?
How do you know your issue was the same? Error 43 can have many causes because
it is a generic driver error code.
Enable the Primary GPU option and Proxmox will hide many things especially for
NVidia cards.