On Sat, 4 Jun 2022, at 4:37 PM, Roman Mamedov wrote:
> On Sat, 4 Jun 2022 16:25:32 +0100
> James Dutton <james.dut...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I ran into problems some time ago, with UDP packets being dropped during
>> sustained disk accesses, so the sound device might also be affected by disk
>> accesses.
>
> Did you check to ensure that you're using iothreads?
> http://kvmonz.blogspot.com/p/knowledge-disk-performance-hints-tips.html
> And native aio as the article also suggests.

Thank you, my disks are configured for native IO.

My problem is different, how to shorten the interrupt handling path from PCI
USB card to VM, without virtual interrupt handling. I suspect that my isolcpus
and having all vCPU on the same node where USB card is attached might not be
helping. It would be probably appropriate if I had virtual interrupt
controller, but nope, there's no AVIC feature in EPYC 7003. I guess this means
that interrupts must be handled by the host kernel and then routed to VM. Which
host core is doing this handling?

B.

--
  Bronek Kozicki