On Thu, 2022-11-10 at 18:48 +0500, Roman Mamedov wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Nov 2022 13:43:56 +0000
> Patrick O'Callaghan <p...@usb.ve> wrote:
>
> > I've just replaced an old Nvidia card with a newer AMD RX580 and am
> > attempting to reconfigure my Windows VM. However I don't see the
> > new
> > card getting its own IOMMU group:
> >
> > $ ls /sys/kernel/iommu_groups
> > $
>
> Looks like you don't have any IOMMU groups at all. Was GPU
> passthrough working
> before, on this exact system? Without OS reinstalls, kernel upgrades
> and
> without resetting the BIOS settings to defaults?

Passthrough was working with the Nvidia card, which did have its own
IOMMU group. However it's been some time (months) since I last used it,
so it's possible that something else has changed as I do update my
system frequently (using Fedora dnf from standard repos).

Other than the GPU, all the hardware is identical, and I haven't
touched any BIOS settings.

poc