petertheman wrote:

> As a first step, the mefeedia directory is available as OPML:
> http://mefeedia.com/feeds/opml.xml
>
> The goal is this: now, a new vlogger has to add their URL to like 5
> services. We want it so that if you add it to 1 service, the others
> also pick it up :) Easy peasy.
>
> [techie talk] And that's just a first babystep in sharing data and
> building an ecology of tools. This is our only chance to stand up
> against the giants like Apple and MS, who *are* acting like evil
> coorporations by creating their own data formats that they try to
> control. If we don't work together on this, videoblogging data *will*
> be controlled by the iTunes' of this world. (I love iTunes, but Jobs
> is clearly not being very open and wants to control the space.)
>
> Peter

Actually, this particular instance, Microsoft is being much more open
then Apple.  Strange.  However, I do agree.  The key is sharing data.
We need to develop a multi-master replication system that will
disseminate directory information across all the tools we are
developing.  It's a hard problem to solve, but it's definitely the only
way we are going to be able to compete against the big guys.  I'm
on-board.  Where are we discussing this?

Clint