Yes DVD's have hours on them but that is becuase the footage is
compressed. DV footage, although also compressed, is much larger than a
DVD file.

A 26 minute video at full DV resolution should only be about 5.2 gigs,
so you have some weird stuff going on. I don't use Premiere, so I can;t
help your there. I would suggest finding a premiere forum and posting
your issue there, but you will have to be a lot more detailed on
exactly what your issue is and what type of system you are running. For
instance, the fact that you are exporting at 16 bit mono is really not
very helpful information since that is only the audio.