On Aug 3, 2005, at 4:39 PM, Michael Sullivan wrote:

> why do you use feedburner if wordpress can generate an rss2 enc
> feed for you (i think using a plugin) ?
> dont tell me its because of stats ;-)

I use feedburner because, originally, I had a blogger blog and needed
some way to get an RSS 2 feed with enclosures.  When I switched to
WordPress I didn't want to change my feed address that people where
subscribed to.  Also, feedburner offers a bunch of stuff for your
feed (flickr splicer, browser friendly layout, itunes stuff, etc.)
that's really easy to configure.  Now, apparently, another benefit is
not having to fix your feed and your links when the archive moves
stuff around.

Ultimately, I'd like to do that redirect thing so that I could use
feedburner, or not, without changing the url.  But that would require
me to change it in order to set it up.  So I guess I'll wait until
(if) Feedburner doesn't work for me any longer.

Verdi