Steve Garfield wrote:
">"An Internet commercial typically costs about $15 to $20 for each 1,000
>viewers, nearly as much as broadcast networks charge. The price is high
>because there is more demand from advertisers than there is Internet
>video programming available."
>
>If a videoblog averages 2,000 hits per episode, would you pay $40 to
>place a short video at the end of the video?"

The tricky part is that advertisers pay those rates for either beginning or
interstitial (in between) ad placements. Most valued are the ones that run
before the content. I haven't heard of anyone paying to run a commercial
after the viewer has gotten what he/she wanted.

I am asssuming the rates you quote are for successfully completed commercial
streams and not based on the number of people only watching the content.

-David