I love what they're doing with the word "Hacks".
The hacks series is becoming in my opinion, more like tips, tricks,
life-skills, ways to improve efficiency, etc.

Check out "Mind Hacks" and "Online Investing Hacks"...These are very
different sort of hacks.

Take a look at http://lifehacker.com (not from O'Reilly)

I think the hacks series is transcending technology and becoming more
like the modern equivalent of Ben Franklin's "Poor Richard's Almanac"
(one of the first examples of the self-help genre).

As Charles says, this is way better than the word "hacks" bringing to
mind criminal practices.

-Josh

On 8/6/05, Charles HOPE <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Josh Wolf wrote:
>
> > I don't like O'Reily is doing to the word "hacks."
>

> On the other hand they're stripping it of its criminal connotation,
> which is unfortunately more widespread than its pristine definition.
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

Individual Fireant