I like small chunks, but I really love long stuff too.

Some stuff just cant be handled in little chunks, I like epics. The
temptation to talk of legendary lower attention span in certain
nations is almost too much to resist, but I will try.

Or do a combination. There is the video of lecture series 'Everything
I Know' by R Buckminster Fuller available free online, I believe it is
42 hours long. But it is also broken down into many hundreds of
shorter clips.

Anyway there is no right or wrong, people differ, and generally I
think anybody could be captivated for longer periods of time IF the
content kept them captivated. Still its hard to create captivating
epics, so its more likely people would watch longer stuff thats on a
specific theme  thats of special interest to them.

To say whether the video in question should be 28 minutes or not, well
I could not say without seeing it first.

Cheers

Steve of Elbows
--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Joshua Kinberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> > So, josh, I would encourage you to think "out of the Web" ;-)
>
> I can't watch anything longer than 5 minutes anywhere (5 minutes is
> really pushing the limits of my attention span), not just on the web.
>
> I won't watch a 28 minute segment on TV, or listen to 28 minutes
> straight on the radio without checking what else is on, or jumping up
> to check email.
>
> I don't think I'm alone. I really wish maintream content producers
> would htink in smaller chunks. There are only 2 good minutes maximum
> of just about everything on television or in the movies, the rest is
> filler.
>
> -josh

Individual Fireant