I don't think its necessary... your target output is TV not the web,
and to re-edit everything would be a big PITA.

But, if your target output was the web then I would definitely say
smaller chunks are better. Maybe even separate blog entries for each
bit so there are permalinks to specific video segments. Of course
these decisions would be up to you as the author, but I prefer things
that are linkable. The web is an ecology of links, work with its
strength. The web is not ideal for linear media.

The quoting tool is something Peter added to MeFeedia.com. It allows
you to create quote segments from Quicktime movies. The output is a
SMIL movie that uses the start and stop time parameters to make the
quote. Although you'll still have to wait for the movie to load up to
the point of the quote before it begins playing -- this is a SMIL
limitation.

Here's an example of the quoting action on Chuck Olsen's site:
http://blogumentary.typepad.com/vlog/2005/08/mefeedia_quote_.html

-Josh

Individual Fireant