--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Beth Agnew <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Maybe instead of a separate group for newbies, just a FAQ (isn't that
> why it's called Frequently Asked Questions instead of Stupid Questions?)
> or some kind of organization of messages that answer questions. Today's
> stupid question is tomorrow's insight, no? Editing the archives is a
> great idea, but might be an awful lot of work considering the amount of
> traffic.
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > I'd join, I have lots of questions.
> >
> > 2nd point: someone mentioned the archives. They can be edited and
> > screened.
>

> --
> Beth Agnew, Professor of Mirth
> laughpractice.blogspot.com
> http://tinyurl.com/83u5u

I think having a detailed FAQ that actually addresses newbie questions would be really
useful. Yahoogroups software makes it easy to archive an FAQ and have it sent out
automatically on a regular basis.

One thing I really like about this list is the way new vloggers are welcomed with open
arms. I've been on other lists where over time, the veterans of the medium get uppity and
dismissive of newbies trying to enter the fray.  I truly hope that doesn't happen here. Video
blogging is still such a new idea that there are no true "experts" - just people with more
experience. So the more welcoming we can be to new faces, the better....

andy carvin
acarvin at edc. org
www.andycarvin.com