--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "isteiner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi David (and all),
> I'm curious why you bought SeriousMagic but never used it,...Thanks.

Actually its pretty much because I fell into this yahoo! crowd before
I started vlogging - and my concept of what a vlog was changed from
the desk-bound style of vlog.com to the out-in-the-world style that
you see from so many of the vloggers in this group.

SeriousMagic has some pretty cool features (the teleprompter can be
great for lots of situations), and while you can import video from
places other than your desk/webcam ... studio-bound shots is where
SeriousMagic really shines, I think.

I keep telling myself that I should install it and play around with it
some more (I did really like the demo) ... but I like that vlogging is
taking me (and my viewers) out and about - away from my lil' apartment.

Also, I've come to want a more robust time-line orriented editing
environment.  SeriousMagic does has some basic
clipping/trimming/importing ability ... but my preference is for a
timeline view.

- Dave
http://www.davidmeade.com