Now I do that: I use the bigger camera when I need to "look" professonal and get attention, and the smaller one in crowds.

christian

On 8/11/05, Jack Nelson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "chrbaudry" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Something unexpected - and fun? - happened to me yesterday.
>
> I have been shooting yoga and dance classes for a yoga/wellness
> studio these last 4 days. Each time it is a short interview of the
> teacher and when editing I insert shots from the class. It is then
> integrated into their blog.
>
> The first three days I was using my PANASONIC DVC60 which is a
> shoulder semi-professional video camera that looks pretty much like
> a pro camera. Each time I got a lot of respect from everyone there
> and they would do what I wanted in terms of sound, light...
>
> Yesterday I brought my Canon Elura video camera which is a small
> hand camera just fine to shoot video that will be streamed
>
> Guess what? No one cared about me! Teachers had other priorities, I
> was basically ignored and wasted one hour!

Yeah, having a big pro-like camera can work against you in certain situations too. It's
pretty easy to get footage on the subway for instance if you have a small non-pro looking
camera. But whip out that big shoulder DVC60 and you'll be asked pretty soon where your
permit is.

Jack

Individual Fireant Explains