Hey Kent,

Outstanding 6 minute vlog you present on your site (vlogproject1). First time I see a vlog creative, bringing value and well done. http://www.echochamberproject.com/vlog

I am fed up with all the narcissists feeling they are at the center of the universe with videoblogging and showing off and spending their time ranting or showing how they are great when BBQing or driving their car while stating common thoughts.

You are going somewhere and you use vlogging in an appropriate way.

I think everybody on this list should view your vlog!

Kudos.

Chris

On 8/15/05, Kent Bye <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> but readings that will inspire the
> students to go create good work -- especially Film or new media theory
> from any era that applies, writings on critical thinking / media
> criticism, and creating art with audience in mind
Hey Jen,
I'm doing a collaborative documentary on the pre-war performance of the
mainstream media.

And I have a vlog that talks a bit about some of the theory and
techniques for collaboration using new media technologies.
http://www.echochamberproject.com/vlog

I can't promise that the following blog posts will inspire good work
from your students, but I think there might be some relevent information
for what you're looking for:

Collaborative Media with Drupal + Final Cut Pro XML
http://www.echochamberproject.com/CollaborativeFilmmaking

All blog posts tagged with theory:
http://www.echochamberproject.com/tag/theory

Open-sourced transcripts from interviews with journalists, media critics
and other scholars critiquing the pre-war performance of the media:
http://www.echochamberproject.com/interviews

Integrating Film, Internet, Blogs & Open Source
http://www.echochamberproject.com/node/66

All blog posts tagged with collaboration:
http://www.echochamberproject.com/tag/collaboration

Analytical Techniques for Coordinating Decentralized Journalism
http://www.echochamberproject.com/node/86

All blog posts discussing how critical thinking skills from intelligence
analysis can be applied to journalism:
http://www.echochamberproject.com/tag/intelligenceanalysis

Hope this helps,
-Kent Bye.