Not really - you cut out a bit of how horibble it is, cut out the high frequencies - but you'll still realize that the sound is distorted.  Whats good is a little wind sock, or fuzzy, that you put over your mic.  It cuts out almost all of the on location wind noise...
On 17-Aug-05, at 1:42 PM, Randolfe Wicker wrote:

Will filters take out noises caused by wind?  I have some great tape & didn't realize the zoom mike was so sensitive to the wind when it was held at a certain angle.
----- Original Message -----
From: Jan
Sent: Tuesday, August 16, 2005 1:10 PM
Subject: Re: [videoblogging] video from a webcam

Some options:

1) Export and upload the sound file and send the url so we can listen to it
and help diagnose what's going on.

2) It might be a ground loop problem that can be solved by checking how
you're powered.

        a) If your camera is powered through your computer, try using a
ground lift and record a bit to see if it's coming from power or
        b) if you use a laptop, try recording a test with just battery
power.

3) If your camera is plugged into its own power, make sure it's plugged into
the same outlet as your computer and test.

While Josh is correct about being able to use high/ low pass filters, you'll
note there can be a significant degradation in the overall quality of the
sound so if you can find out and eliminate whence the hum originates you're
much better off.

Jan
--
"It isn't done alone. Pay more."