--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, wrote:

> However, while reading the intro to a book about it, they advised
"against" attempting to dive directly into Final Cut Pro.  I ended up
buying a book on Final Cut Express and reading about "nondestructive
editing" versus "destructive editing" makes me feel like I should just
get a Mac with iMovie or with Express Cut Pro ($300).  I could upgrade
to Final Cut Pro later.

If you haven't done much editing, I'd think iMovie is a good place to
start. Does it still come free with every new Mac? I think you can
push iMovie pretty far in what it can do. (Does anyone have links to
iMovier FCP comparisons?)

> Certain things like the internal harddrives I believe have to be in
your original configuration.  The 8GB I believe could be added later
just like upgrading to Final Cut Pro from Express.  I am going to make
a decision by Monday because there comes a point where you have to
make a decision.

You can always add RAM or more hard drives if you have room. (Most
tower Macs can hold at least two internal hard drives, and have a few
slots for RAM.) I've got 2 40 gig drives now, one of which I'll be
taking out to replace with a 120 gig drive soon.

> Thanks again Steve for your thoughts.  I met someone else at the NYC
Vloggers meeting who also thought PCs gave more bang for the buck and
were better than Macs in many ways.

And many Mac users will tell you that they spend their time being
creative with their computers, not dealing with the latest Microsoft
security holes and trying to find the right software drivers... ;)

Pete

--
http://tinkernet.org/
videoblog for the future...