around the 18/8/05 naschmult mentioned about [videoblogging] MPEG 1
Audio in Quicktime Pro that:
>Ok. I bought Quicktime Pro to edit and compress and export my mpeg 1
>video into quicktime.  However when I try to file-export movie to
>quicktime.. It doesn't save my freakn' audio from the video clip!!
>What the hell!?!?!
>
>Does anyone know how to fix it? I tried everything in the differnt
>options and everything. Please let me know..

spend $20 on the QT mpeg plugin . MPEG1/2 is diff. to mpeg4 and so
QuickTime can't legally do stuff with since different licencing. The
problem (I think) is mpeg1 muxes sound and video, so that is why you
lose the sound (I guess QT privileges vision over sound?).

work round.
play video in QT, turn on record and record it separately (i have
students do this all the time as they have still cameras thaqt shoot
mpeg1 format).
install http://ffmpeg.sourceforge.net/index.php
get the mpeg plugin for QT

and before everyone whines. MPEG1 was ratified in 1991, and pretty
much deprecated in mid 90s, it is 14 years old and a real clunky
format. There are ways to get into it, but if a computer year = 7
normal years then you're trhing to open up someting that is 98 years
old. Imagine that was a car, then you'd understand that you just
wouldn't assume that your contemporary tools and equipment and spare
parts would work/fit with your 1904 whatever it might be.
--
cheers
Adrian Miles

hypertext.RMIT