Hi everyone,

I've been playing around with MeFeedia's amazing instant archive
_javascript_ to create my own "wall of video" on my blog. My goal was to
have two versions of it; one on the right column of my blog's homepage,
with shrunken thumbnails like a Flickr badge, and one on its own page,
with larger pictures.

First, on my homepage (http://www.andycarvin.com), I've added the
instant archive and made it smaller, using the following style sheet tweak:

.mefeedia-thumb {
margin: 0px;
padding: 0px;
width: 60px;
height: 46px;
border: 0px solid #CCCCCC;
}

This shrinks the size of each photo to 2/3rds the original thumbnail,
making it easier to fit a bunch of them on a sidebar.

Then, I created a separate instant archive page that's uncluttered by
other blog-related content:

http://www.andycarvin.com/video.html

The first time I did this, it looked just liked the one on my homepage,
given the fact it was using the same style sheet. So I went into my
Movable Type templates page, then created a new CSS page that's almost
identical to my primary style sheet, the only difference being this
change in the mefeedia-related styles:

.mefeedia-thumb {
margin: 10px;
padding: 5px;
border: 1px solid #CCCCCC;
}

This is basically a version of what some of you have done already: the
thumbnails are their usual size, but with some space and padding around
them. I then changed the style sheet's URL path on the video.html page
to correspond to the backup stylesheet I created.

So, by creating the second style sheet, I now can display the instant
archive on two pages, each with their own style. Nothing particularly
groundbreaking, but I thought I'd share it anyway.

thanks,
ac

--
Andy Carvin