David Yirchott wrote:
Adrian,
I am not sure that I would put myself in the camp of those whose broad
definition of blog would include all websites, but as I mentioned previously
some do. Although I will say I have heard that point made rather
convincingly. For instance, I don't think most would consider television
station website as blogs, but they do seem to meet all of the requirements
(that I am aware of).

The term used to mean, very specifically, a periodic list of interesting links found on the web. The prototypical example remains Robot Wisdom. These days it is synonymous with the common features shared between several widely-used applications: periodic posts, rss, trackback pings.

Yes, there are edge cases. There are always edge cases. Where would pedants be without edge cases?