I tried that ....

but this time I went to initialize and got "disk info" from the Mac Disk Utility...it reads the disk fine. I could even partition it if I want. It seems that the disk itself wasn't damaged. Somehow the main partition record is lost or something...(that is just my guess) since I could repartition it and start using it again. I think I need to be able to re-establish a partition.

hrm.....

thanks...

nick