around the 25/8/05 BevSykes mentioned about [videoblogging] QuickTime 7 that:
>I recently upgraded to QuickTime 7 Pro.  Yesterday I took advantage
>of the 24 hour "free pass" on Lynda.com and began to run the Quick
>Time tutorials (available only for QT5 Pro).  The problem I'm having
>is that by the time QT got to 7, they'd changed all the commands, or
>so it seems.  I can find some of them in a different format, but I
>can't find all.  You'd think that in a more advanced version you
>would be able to do all of the things in previous versions.  An
>example is that in QT5 you can skew a section of your video, but I
>can find no "adjust" command in QT7.  There are a number of
>other things described in the help video that I cannot find in QT7.
>The help menu for QT7 is not helpful at all.  (For example, in one
>place, it directs me to the "options" button, which I cannot find
>anywhere.
>
>Anybody else using QT7 pro and finding this same difficulty, or am I
>just being dense again?

some have gone. you can't skew anymore but in QT 7 you can scale,
change width/height of a video track (breaking aspect ratio), flip,
rotate and so on. In QT 5 (and i think 6) you could also drag it
around the movie window to place a smaller video. Now you use the
offset numbers - what you lose in free form work you gain in pixel
accuracy.

the options button you mention. which options you looking for? Most
of the stuff is still there (i can only assume skew got lost because
no one ever used it - I've used QT pro as authoring environment for 5
years and never used it and still haven't seen any work that used it,
I know doesn't mean isn't useful) so ask away :-)

btw there's a QT 7 manual in pdf which is worth getting. I've got a
copy of it at:
--
cheers
Adrian Miles

hypertext.RMIT
<URL:http://hypertext.rmit.edu.au/vlog>

 low income neighborhoods, 84% do not own computers. At Network for Good, help
bridge the Digital Divide!</a>.</font>