Philip Clark's idea of creating "vlog shows" is really a great way to promote vlogging.

In fact, someone should start creating "vlog shows" on the Internet so some of us can find "providers" or "selectors" that gather the kind of stuff we like.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, August 26, 2005 2:51 PM
Subject: [videoblogging] vlogger road trip 2005

Thanks for the email Jan, I've decided to share my reply with the list.

Of course you can crash at my place, I live alone in the woods in a seven-bedroom farmhouse. I have room for the whole crew. In fact, I have contacts all the way from Halifax to Toronto. We won't have any worries about a place to sleep.

I'm thinking we should run this like a rock'n'roll tour. We could set up in venues like the Khyber Club in Halifax, Gallery Connexion in Fredericton, WAR Gallery in Montreal. The galleries are ideal because they double as performance spaces and also there are no specific corporate overtones like at a store. WAR Gallery, for example, has a stage, projector, giant screen, wireless internet and I could probably get it for free.

So we'll show up and give a workshop in the early evening. People can shoot their own videos and we'll upload them to a cross-country group vlog. And then at night we'll have a party. We'll come back to the space and I will perform live electronic music and Jan will VJ (although she may not realize it yet) and she will mix in excerpts from the day's videos while everyone dances their asses off.

The workshops will be for free, and we will make money from the parties. And also--as any touring band will tell you--from selling merchandise. Who wants an official "Vlog Voyeur" t-shirt? Please specify small medium or large.