Taylor,

They've had these sort of bizarre adds before and, in fact, when I saw the first one I'm pretty sure I posted the same question to this list. Was it real, and did Rocketboom make any money? Like you, I was just curious. (I haven't seen the one today, yet).

I think that Andrew said that they were just experimenting, in response to my question. As I recall he said that it was very important to him that the adds be consistent with the creative nature of rocketboom (and I believe they've succeeded in the "adds" I've seen). I don't think they made in money.

Also, I think most people expressed your feeling (at least I did), that it was reasonable and we hoped that Rocketboom DESERVED to make some money. Particularly since the previous adds, in my view, were consistent with the nature of the show (very funny).

... Andrew is probably too busy to check all these threads right now, but, Andrew, if you happen to see my reply and I'm way off on this, or I'm saying something misleading, let us/me know.

... Richard