Golly neds, I love collaborating. Here are a few notes on the subject.

Once I've added my .02 to someone else's work I tag collaborations in
mefeedia:

mashup (recent tag addition)
collaboration

plus add tags relevant to the original creator(s).

The process? Usually just save a movie or podcast that inspires to the
hard drive and work on it when i can - with a comment / email to the
creator in the work flow. It's safe to say that this community -
generally - is totally open to having their work altered, but check the
copyleft first.

The "Music Across the Miles" project was definitely edit intensive, but
that was where I was at the time: needing to be able to edit more
intensively, so it was right for me.

On another note, nobody invited me to the "Music Across the Miles"
party, I simply heard the music & walked in the door.

With Max's e-band I noticed an empty spot in the 4 squares of the video
that suggested an invitation. That was enough :) More than that, there
was "space" left in the original video for additions. That is really
important if your intention is to have the work "grow" online. Max
began with just him drumming.

Based on our positive experience with the e-band, we've created a
SpinXpress E-Band account that anyone's welcome to join, even if you're
not a musician. E-me off list and I'll add you to the mix. What
SpinXpress facilitates is filesharing. Upload is really fast and there
is space for comments. At this point, nothing seems to be happening,
but Anders uploaded a tune to which I plan to add backup vox. I added a
couple of poetryworks that have some music but could use more and some
video.

More recently, I mashed up a violin playing video from Shannon Noble,
with a podast from cellist Robert Rowe at cellowirlesspodcast. I added
my friend Tom doing a ballet of a backstroke and the marvelous sound of
the water to the mix.

Rene's "greenthing" project is an ongoing collaboration at
http://luxomedia.com/greenthing and is tagged in every conceivable
place and manner with "greenthing". Headsoff (Serra) gets Greenthing
No. 26 in the mail any day now. Greenthing was also edit intensive, for
I had a couple days' research to learn how to use greenscreen
technique.

Depends on what you're into and what you need to work on.

The collaboration party is ongoing. C'mon in, belly up to the bar, and
start playing.

Jan

--
"It isn't done alone. Pay more."