Tuesday, August 30, 2005, 7:13:16 PM, robert a/k/a r wrote:

> i was looking for a sample point for this group, perhaps someone did
> this back in early 2005 or we might collect a sample point today. i'm
> wondering what the distribution look like and how many capable here of
> viewing what (i.e., mov, wma, flv), not having Safari choke on java,
> etc.

But without information about how people view their content, a listing
of browser types makes very little sense. Are you assuming everyone
views media in a browser?

The survey attached to this list at

seems to indicate that only around a quarter of respondents view
videoblogs using a browser.

> so again, not necessary though interesting to compare the population of
> vlog-savvy early adopters subpopulation vs larger population.

I think one distinguishing characteristic of the "vlog savvy" might be
that they are willing to consider other tools than just a web browser
:)

--
Frank Carver   http://www.makevideo.org.uk