around the 1/9/05 Gena mentioned about [videoblogging] Narrowing Our
View Of Video Blogging? that:

>When the major earth shaker happens here in California dang skippy I
>am gonna post or find a working power socket to let people know. There
>will be things happening that need to be shared. The same was true in
>Asia, Africa and anyplace that has Class A trouble.

yes, and you're going to let the world know through your videoblog.
This is not really the forum for citizen journalism posts about your
citizen journalism piece. It is the forum for stuff to do with
videoblogging.

I'm not disagreeing, but I am saying that if you wanted to tell the
world about the earthquake via your videoblog then that's what your
videoblog is for. Certainly I would encourage you to post here saying
this blog at this url will have stuff. But that's enough, and that is
certainly enough to meet what you say above - disseminate the fact
that there's an information source available.

around the 1/9/05 Gena mentioned about [videoblogging] Narrowing Our
View Of Video Blogging? that:
>My question is "What is the point of editing/not editing, recording,
>posting and distribution if we can't (and I am stressing this) in
>an emergency situation tell others about video sources?"

Who's emergency? I think the bigger emergency is what is going on in
Zimbabwe right now, I don't have any video about it, but even if I
did I don't think this is the place for me to publish/post/discuss it.
--
cheers
Adrian Miles

hypertext.RMIT