Thursday, September 1, 2005, 4:09:01 PM, Randolfe Wicker wrote:

> I like the design that Joel did very much.  However, I think he
> chose "elegance" over message insofar as the camera lens is not
> "camera Lensie" enough to make it stand out as a distinct camera
> lens.  I am no artist and no designer.  I'm just someone who offers
> his honest opinion.  By making the camera lens in 101 more
> distinctly a camera lens, it seems to me that you make it more
> obvious that "Node 101" is about capturing things with a camera.

Just to echo that. When I first saw it I thought it was a car tyre -
symbolic of the road trip.

I'm not sure a camera lens is "iconic" enough.  How about a
TV/monitor screen? Maybe something a bit like:

http://www.makevideo.org.uk/stills/road_node_frank.jpg

Apologies for the sketchy nature of the image, but I hope you get the
idea.

--
Frank Carver   http://www.makevideo.org.uk