The big difference between learning PC usage and how to access the Internet and vlogging is that vlogging is a self-perpetuating medium.  What Michael Verdi and others are doing at Freevlog means countless people can master vlogging without having to leave their house and find classes where they can learn.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2005 10:57 AM
Subject: Re: [videoblogging] Re: 4 million potential vloggers in the US alone

let's get cracking!

Actually, FWIW, many people are comparing this time period with that of
other early adoption periods (the PC, the Internet, etc - aka "the wild
west").

In those two previous cases I and several colleagues taught extension
courses through UC Santa Barbara and UCLA extension

In fact, *each* of us did teach that many people over a period of
several years

most of these were all-day workshops or night courses (1 night/week for
10 weeks)

approximately 10% of the people who attended asked for some kind of
consulting help

most of the workshops were introductory in nature

fyi, markus

Gena wrote:

>Let's see, 4 million potential vbloggers /1300 members =
>3076.9230769230769230769230769231 students per member.
>
>Yikes!

http://apperceptions.org
http://digitaldojo.blogspot.com
http://spinflow.org