From: Kunga
Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2005 12:13 PM
Subject: Re: [videoblogging] How to have a group conversation...was Re: Narrowing Our View Of Video Blogging?

As an "old" newbee, I can testify this group made the difference
between me being clueless and being almost clueless. I can't thank
everyone enough for all your help. After a month of wandering in the
wilderness after the iTunes 4.9 RSS client release, I found the group
and joined August 4. Less than a month later my site has already
received positive recognition as among the best. Without this group
that would not have happened. I feel terrible that I was not with
this group since its inception 14 months ago. As a new media
journalist, I was asleep on the job. Now I am scrambling to catch up.

However, I did experience a chilling effect after being repeatedly
admonished by one of the moderators for posting too many times. My
enthusiasm and personal sharing was not appreciated by enough members
to cause a backlash against my posts fairly early on.

I guess I was contributing a lot more drama and ego than the group
could take. But that phase of posting has to abate if one is
seriously into this work because ultimately there isn't time to make
a lot of posts. I think the joy and epiphanic nature of beginning
this process makes excessive posts by newbees likely.

Overall, I feel very accepted into the group. But I have to admit, I
am afraid to ask too many questions anymore as a result of those
admonishments.
--
Taylor Barcroft
New Media Publisher, Editor, Video Journalist

On Aug 31, 2005, at 8:57 PM, Jay dedman wrote:

> The Videoblogging Group is the place for new people.
> the new person is the most important in the group.
> (im always proud when 10 people jump in to help somone set up a
> feed...or figure out a codec).
> we want to make sure people have the support to get started.
> all the drama and egos are just funny...or annoying depending on
> your POV.
>
> this is what amazes me:
> http://vlogmap.org

Rss reader Fireant Internet directory