This conversation reminds me of that commercial where this guy is
sitting at his computer clicking around the web when his computer
starts speaking to him and says "You have reached the end of the
internet... please go back now."

This is simply preposterous. The discussion was not about the
limitations of IP addresses... it was about how many video clips can
the Internet handle -- the answer to that is way more than we could
possibly hope to create. The more pressing question is bandwidth --
i.e. can the server hosting your videos serve limitless simultaneous
requests? The answer to this is most definitely no.

The tricky thing about the way the internet works is that the more
popular a file is (the more simultaneous requests to the server for
that file), the more difficult it becomes for any requestor to
actually get that file. This is the problem directly addressed by
BitTorrent and similar technologies. BitTorrent is designed to solve
the bandwidth burden. Whether or not it does so in a usable way is
another matter.

-josh