Without splitting hairs about the ethics of filming people and putting them on vlogs, I thought it would be worthwhile to share with you a form I have been using for the past few months.

This form is copied from the release forms used by a major television network.  I'm sure that their lawyers have dotted all the eyes and crossed all the legal t's.  It is very intimidating.  I find it is best to have one signature (even your own) on it before asking others to sign it.

INTERVIEW AUTHORIZATION AND PERSONAL RELEASE

For good and valuable consideration, receipt of which is hereby acknowledged, I hereby grant producer/director (Your name here) and (Your business or project name here) and it's affiliates, successors, licensees and assigns (hereafter collectively referred to as "Producer");

1.      Irrevocable permission to interview me and/or to film, tape or otherwise photograph me, to records, reproduce and or simulate my voice, picture and/or silhouette;

2.      All right, title and interest in and to the resulting interview, including without limitation the right to utilize the resulting photography and sound recording of such interview in whole or in part in connection with the documentary currently entitled “What Are You About?” (also including future projects Randolfe H. Wicker and Randy Wicker Films are working on /with or plan to sell/loan footage to) and it's exhibition, commercial resale, broadcast, advertising, publicity, promotion and exploitation worldwide, in any and all media perpetuity, without compensation.

3.      I hereby agree to hold Producer or any other person or party acting under Producer's permission or authority, harmless from any liability or claimed liability in connection with my appearance or participation in the program, any materials furnished by me, or any words spoken, sung or signed by me and I also hereby release Producer from and agree but to sue Producer for any claim or cause of action including without limitation any claims for libel, slander, invasion of privacy or right of publicity arising out of Producer's exercise of the rights I have granted in the release.

4.      I understand the Producer is relying upon this release and that my consent is irrevocable

5.      I acknowledge that I have read this consent and release prior to signing it and that I understand it's content.

Print Name                      Signature                           Address                               Shirt color

Randolfe (Randy) Wicker

Videographer, Writer, Activist
Advisor: The Immortality Institute
Hoboken, NJ