around the 8/9/05 Steve Watkins mentioned about [videoblogging] Re:
ROKR as Vloging receiver that:
>I havent checked out the full spac of the ROKR, but Im not impressed
>from what Ive heard so far. From the glossy marketing, Im not even
>sure you can download music from the net straight to the phone, but
>rather by syncying to a mac/pc.

haven't checked specs. but I think Jobs is on record as saying that
he thinks downloading to your phone, where it can only play on your
phone, is something most people won't do (price and you can't use it
anywhere else).

>If its in that category then its definately not the first, theres
>quite a few very different devices that can take videoblogs on the
>move by syncing or putting stuff on a memory stick.

or that can receive 3gp.

>I dont know what reputation Motorola has for mobile phones worldwide,
>but here in the UK people I know personally are not generally
>impressed with their phones. Time will tell I guess, I'm sure I'll
>have more scathing words once Ive checked the full spec (100 songs?
>whoopie doo - not), or you never know, I might find something positive
>to say about it.

reputation much the same here is my sense of it. they have
interesting design gimmicks but Nokia have the best usability I've
found and Nokia or Sony Ericsson I think have the best reputation for
actually lasting... :-)

won't be long before we're usinng them regularly, already up to 2
megapixel still images...
--
cheers
Adrian Miles