Kunga wrote:

> You must have misunderstood me Clint. I was suggesting they start a
> NEW mail not changing the subject name in an old thread.
> --
> Taylor Barcroft
> New Media Publisher, Editor, Video Journalist
> Santa Cruz CA, Beach of the Silicon Valley
> http://FutureMedia.org

No, I understood you perfectly.  Just because they're changing the
subject doesn't mean it should get it's own new top-level thread, seeing
as it was spawned from an earlier thread.  If people follow your advice
they'll be breaking the way Thunderbird and many other clients do
threading.  Nearly every time the subject is changed and something is
quoted from a previous email, but the subject is changed to indicate the
direction the thread is heading, but that does not mean it's a new
thread.  If people followed you're advice we'd end up with top-level
emails with quotes in them, which isn't intuitive at all.

Clint

--
Clint Sharp
New Media Guy & Technologist