On IE 6 on PC the <embed... areas comes out as a white boxs with
scroll bar on the right.  If I click on the box, nothing happens.  It
works correctly on FireFox on the PC.

Two things I noticed:

1) You're missing the closing </embed> tags.
2) I do the same thing on my Lucid Media site for the post "Nerissa
Site Generator Test",
http://cirne.com/blog/lucid_media/2005/09/04/nerissa-site-generator-test/
.  I use a poster movie to quickly display quicktime.  But I use the
one frame quicktime movie rather than a jpg.  Perhaps try replacing
the src="..." with a 1 frame quicktime movie.

    :),

    Enric