ecomputerd wrote:

>Is anyone using or considering using any P2P file-sharing protocols
>besides BitTorrent for your videocast? In particular Gnutella2.

I use a p2p app to to distribute and receive media to a variety of
people on a daily basis.  This may be a bit different of an approach
than what you are thinking, but it might relate depending on what you
are trying to accomplish.

I am also experimenting with using p2p apps with my vlog to allow people
to create "rooms" or "groups"

In particular, I have created some public groups for Vlog Europe and
Road Node 101 where people can collaborate, share and remix media.

All are welcome to participate in the associated collaborative projects
and I would appreciate any feedback from anyone on these two "new" kinds
of vlog posts (mainly they let you upload video comments and there is a
rich media feed for each room; you can also "clone" these rooms to your
own site if you like).

All the media files are hosted on small, private (invite-only) p2p
networks as opposed to large public ones like gnutilla.  This is
probably more suited to long-tail applications like friends and family
than for mass distribution (but, hey, hence the experiments)

http://apperceive.blogs.com/apperceive/2005/09/vlog_europe_pre.html
http://apperceive.blogs.com/apperceive/2005/08/a_group_for_roa.html

I am also using this in conjuntion with the Podcast Hotel event, where
Schlomo, Eric Rice, Dave Toole, Alex Williams, JD Lasica and others have
created some interesting videos and podcasts that anyone can view,
download, re-mix and contribute all on one page.

http://podcasthotel.blogspot.com

I am using Outhink's free SpinXpress file sharing and collaboration tool
for OS X or Windows http://spinxpress.com

Disclaimer: I receive funding from and have equity in Outhink, Inc.
Their support allows me to freely participate in collaborative projects,
many of which are related to applications of p2p frameworks and tools
for creative professionals.

Markus

P.S. Greg, I am an iPAQ user and have been wanting to look more into
your product for my own use and how it and SpinXpress might play
together as well (I am doing the same thing currently with FireAnt,
RSSowl, Mefeedia and others).  I'd love to discuss this more if you are
interested.

http://apperceptions.org
http://digitaldojo.blogspot.com
http://spinflow.org