in order to see the embedded QT in both IE and Mozilla (firefox), you need to have embed and object tags.  You only are using the embed tag.

On 9/12/05, Kunga <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Copied from an off topic subject field and turned into a new thread
with On Topic Subject:

Regarding my < http://FutureMedia.org > site

I worked this weekend to make all my posts open in QuickTime Player
instead of a new browser window. Nothing dowloads in advance of a
click now so the page loads very fast. There is a poster movie of the
Sony 4k Projector on top as Enric recommended and the rest are jpgs -
not yet poster movies. While I could see the jpg that I had there,
Sometimes, inconsistently, I cannot see the Poster movie in Safari on
Mac 10.4.2 QT 7.0.2, but I can in FireFox 1.5 beta 1. Perplexed...

Most of the movies start fast in the QuickTime Player just after the
downloads begin but not the Sony 4k due to bug in 3ivx dual pass
10.3.9-QT 6.5.2 fast start encode. It starts after the 54 mb download
completes. <sigh...>

BUT...

A consultant friend of mine came in this morning saying that he can't
see any of my images on any of my posts now on a PC at a coffee
house. Can anyone confirm this please as I do not have a PC setup to
test? Is that because they are jpgs and not Poster Movies? Can
everyone see the QT Poster Movie of the Sony 4k projector but not the
rest below?

What do you all think is the most compatible way to post for both Mac
and Windows? Do you think opening in QuickTime Player a bad idea
because many Windows PCs are not set up with QuickTime? Or does our
universe of audience members know to have QuickTime for Windows
installed? Just wondering how many more times I will have to redo my
site before I get the formula right...

Thank you all for your assistance.

--
Taylor Barcroft
New Media Publisher, Editor, Video Journalist, Video Podcaster