>     This is a total noob question, but I have to ask it.  On my Home
> Movie Night thing, I've got the feedburner readout showing how many
> folks are subscribed to me video blog.  It was up to 13 a few days ago,
> but now has dipped to 7.  Is there something that I'm supposed to be
> doing to confirm folks, or am I doing something wrong to turn them
> away?  Is it because I'm only going to be updating weekly and folks lost
> interest already?

>From the FeedBurner stats explanation:

"An approximate measure of the number of individuals for whom your feed has
been requested in the last 24 hours. Circulation is inferred from an
analysis of the many different feed readers and aggregators that retrieve
this feed daily. Circulation is not computed for browsers and bots that
access your feed."

"Circulation is calculated by matching IP address and news reader
combinations, and then using our detailed understanding of the multitude of
readers and aggregators and bots on the market to make additional
inferences."

A drop in numbers likely means a subscriber hasn't opened their feed app in
the past 24 hours.

Jake Ludington

http://www.mediablab.com
http://www.podcastingstarterkit.com