around the 21/9/05 Jay dedman mentioned about Re: [videoblogging] the
gray area of copyright law that:
>but what if I remix all of Homer's "dohs!" with scenes of George
>Bush's recent speeches.
>is it still infringement or a new artwork?
>and if so, should it be?

don't know, but I do know now that all musicians who sample work pay
for rights to use the samples, even when making a new work derived
from samples.

>The argument is that we need broader use of material.
>if everything is locked down, then how does culture flow?
>i believe that what is happening on the web is helping frame this argument.

yes, which is why it is very important we publish all our stuff under
things like creative commons. If we are the media, then we can also
build our own media libraries.
--
cheers
Adrian Miles