To clarify, its not 'analog only', it just doesnt do HDTV. You can get
digital TV that is Standard Definition, so it will work with some
digital TV footage. This is a global list, and theres a range of
different products from Elgato for different emerging Digital TV
standards in different parts of the world. It is certainly a shame
that the eyeHome doesnt do HDTV, but for videoblog->TV purposes this
sdoesnt matter at the moment.

>From their FAQ:

Q: Does EyeHome support HDTV resolutions?

A: Yes and No. The EyeHome hardware runs at a native 480p (720 by 480)
resolution. It can scale this to 720p (1280 by 720) or 1080i (1920 by
1080), and the scaling is high quality. You pick the resolution you
want in the EyeHome Settings screen. You can also choose standard TV
resolutions.

Only video that is 480p or less will play. EyeHome cannot play HDTV
video from EyeTV 500 or any other source, due to its higher bitrate
and resolution above 480p.

Steve of Elbows