I just downloaded the specs on the camera. The website was very
"frugal" about giving out information about this and the other cameras
they have for sale. http://www.svp-tech.com

For outdoor shooting and really good lighting inside this camera
should be fine.

Frank gave a great answer but I wanted to pipe in just a little bit.
If I could have advised you before you bought it I would have said
pass it by - it is (and has become) a hassle to find video editing
programs to support it.

I have a flash camcorder DXG Model 202V but it renders in .avi format.
I have tested Ulead and I am about 93% happy with it. I do my
production work in it, then export a high rez .avi copy.

I then import into Windows Movie Maker 2 or QuickTime for the final
copy to post on the site. When I buy the full version I'll have access
to the manual so I won't have to take the extra steps but I like the
quality of what I get.

And that is the main point of my ramble. If the hardware and software
gets you a good quality video that is the name of the game.

Vlog On!

Gena
http://outonthestoop.blogspot.com
--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Jayme" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Gena,
>
> It's a digital camcorder - SVP HDDV 8400, compact flash card.
>
> I think you answered what my gut feeling was telling me -- that .asf
is only
> recognized by M$
>
> I could possibly export from ShowBiz each video clip as an .avi
file, then
> open it in Premiere for editing. I haven't tried that yet. I was
hoping that
> my feeling was wrong about the .asf format.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jayme

XD memory cards?
> > .asf is an older Windows video format. It is no longer used by
anyone except M$.

> > QuickTime can't read that format. It can read Windows .avi video
format.> QuickTime can't read M$ .wmv

> > More details please.
> >
> > Gena
> > http://outonthestoop.blogspot.com
> > ***********************
> >
> > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Jayme" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >> Hi, I'm new to videoblogging. When I first discovered it a few weeks
> > ago, I > rushed out and bought a video camera. I've never had one
> > before, and I truly > rushed into it. Anyway, the output files are
> > .asf, which Adobe Premiere > doesn't recognize.  I've been using
> > ArcSoft Showbiz, and it accepts this > format. Windows Movie Maker
> > does too, though I hate using that program. I > want to get
Quicktime Pro for Windows, but I don't see that file format > listed
on their website. What's up with that file format, and why does this
cheap little camcorder use such a strange format? Is it because it's
cheap?