Strange problem you're mentioning. I installed Camstudio a couple of weeks ago, and it was working great from the first second, I didn't change any settings. I tried importing into Windows Movie Maker, and.... it worked perfectly there as well! I guess this doesn't help you much :-)

Have you tried changing the video codec? It's defaulting at 320*240, codec Microsoft Video 1, which is good quality, but huge size (bad compression). It let's me choose e.g. microsoft mpeg4 v2, which is already quite compressed, and also good enough quality. This is also no problem importing to moviemaker. But I guess Raymond might be correct about "your mileage may vary"....? BTW: The mentioned video ("comedy") is not available.

Have you got the latest version of Camstudio, as well as an updated Windows (moviemaker)?
You could also try installing a video codec pack if you haven't already, giving you more encoding possibilites.

--
Åsmund Garfors
http://asmund.garfors.no/