i can only speculate....
i dont think at all that its too early.
they have recognized vlogging

maybe Joshua Paul can chime in.

maybe it means that they are going to work with others...
maybe an updated  'podcast' book that covers video.
maybe they will instead go with a different theme and do a new overall grass roots media book and include vlogging chapters....

maybe they will come out with new DV Hacks edition.
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/dvideopg/

I think that if we do make a printed book, a vlog handbook would be perfect.  one of those small pocket sized books.... then we can hand them out for free.

sull