> Thanks Pete!  I'm going to start includeding my vids at ourmedia too.
>  So once I do this it will be included in FireAnt?

At the risk of confusing things.... FireAnt doesn't really "include"
any videos. We don't host 'em. There are several options for that. You
can host at OurMedia, Blip, or another similar service. You can even
host your videos yourself on your own server if you go that route.

You can then link to your videos in your blog entry, and people can
read your blog by going to your website or by subsribing to your RSS
feed. An RSS feed is a type of document that describes the recent
updates to your website (in this case, recent blog entries). A reader
can "subscribe" to your blog by entering the address of your RSS feed
in a program called an "aggregator."

There are lots of different kinds of Aggregators -- web-based like
Bloglines, My Yahoo!, and MeFeedia, and Desktop software like
FeedDemon, FireAnt, and others (even iTunes now has aggregator
functionality). Subscribing to a site in an aggregator allows the
reader to keep current with your content without the need to find your
conten, remember your URL, or guess when you may have posted something
new. This is why RSS makes it easier to follow the web. In 1995, the
web was full of static websites. You didn't really need to know when
stuff changed. Now the web is chock full of living content that
changes by the minute. Its not easy to keep track of the web
(especially weblogs) with simple bookmarks in your browser. Not to
mention, web content can now extend beyond the browser to other
devices for consuming on the go, or even offline.

One of the nice things about desktop aggregators is offline
capability, and sheer speed -- this is one of the advantages of
FireAnt over other web-based aggregators in my opinion. Video is
difficult to deal with online.  No matter what, there's a lot of
waiting around for things to load and buffer when you try to click
from one video to the next. For me, this kills the cinematic aspects
of watching video. I prefer to download everything, and watch it
together in FireAnt where I can click around a large cache of videos
and not have to deal with the frustrating latency of video on the web.
I can view stuff many times if I want, view it offline, even take it
with me on a portable device like Sony PSP. Of course, you don't have
to view a feed this way. There are myriad other uses for RSS --
'casting of this kind is just one use case.

YouTube does generate RSS feeds of their content, and readers may
subscribe to them, or repurpose the content to show "headlines" on
other sites. You may even embed YouTube videos on other websites.
However, YouTube limits the ability to use their content in other
ways, such as downloading and playing back from a source other than
YouTube's own server. Hey, they own the content and by using the
service, you have agreed to let them do with it as they wish by virtue
of the terms of agreement -- so that's youTube's prerogative. That
just means that you're cutting off many users who might prefer to
subscribe to your content in an aggregator, download it, and view the
way they wish.

I won't deny that YouTube has a decent publishing interface that is
quite easy. However, I don't believe they've made their content as
accessible as they otherwise could have.

Hope some of this helps explain things...

-Josh