Not too big of a believer about people paying for most content, however, I am a
believer in
varying levels of service. Perhaps basic functionality for the publisher
(vlogger) is free, with
more advanced features being a small premium.

Naturally, we do something similar at Audioblog, which in part, pays for our
tremendous
infrastructure and bandwidth from revenue. There's no such thing as "Free".
Someone is
paying a bill someplace. Is it gonna be you?

One more thing. Do _not be discouraged_ by the cries of "I know how to do that
myself,
why would I pay for it?" that pop up from time to time. For every person that
says that,
there are ten people who don't. And some of those people are those that don't
_want_ to
do it themselves (I can install blog software, setup databases, etc., but for
the longest
time, I didn't _want_ to do it--- I went with a hosted service).

Hope my .02 helps!

ER