"Point taken. signlog just sounds better to a deaf guys eyes. =)
Signvlog?" Yes, I love it - and not only that you get to create the
sign for it.

Understanding my vlog - well now, I am a (text) wordy kind of person
so you would have a grip as to what the video is about. Yes, I use
audio. Many times it is environmental but I can't deny some audio act
as a carrier for the video.

You don't get out of the audio problem either - when folks shoot video
there might be environmental sounds. Folks will have to strip audio to
potentially cut down on file size. Hee-hee, I love irony.

But now that you have rung that 508 accessibility bell I'm going to
have to re-think if I do want captions.  Or can the story be told w/o
audio.

For the record, the tutorial that freevlog has up is not accessible to
me either - I'm on my last few weeks of dial-up. So it is an issue
that is discussed from time to time. Some feel that they do not want
to give up quality for x-amount of viewers.  Others feel that it can
look good and not be bloated if you use the right settings.

I am starting to contribute to the wiki for this group. I am writing
as fast as my job, my school life, the teeny tiny part of my personal
life, and the pile of laundry will allow.

If there is something specific that you would like me to post
concerning tutorial matters please let me know. That is what it is
there for. The wiki address is:

http://www.voxmedia.org/wiki/Video

I just started adding sections, so it is a work in process. I am very
serious about filling it up with good stuff. If you have time I would
love your input.

In the interest of full disclosure, I studied to be an interpreter in
the prior century.

Gena
http://outonthestoop.blogspot.com