Title: FW: Favorite videos or favorite feeds?
Randy replied off list.... Doh... Here is his response...

------ Forwarded Message
From: Randolfe Wicker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 00:15:23 -0400
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Favorite videos or favorite feeds?

I think favorite vlogs should be separated from their feeds.  For instance, Missing Kitten TV, has some great stuff at times but can be a bit too strident sometimes also.

The video they made available about the US Army invading a Music Rave in Utah last August was a real news maker:
It took longer than usual for this video to load and play.  Just be patient.  It finally worked for me.  Here is the link to the video (pasted first) and then I will copy and paste the written description with the date from Missing Kitten TV, Tuesday, August 23, 2005.

http://homepage.mac.com/apexgrin/.Public/fascism.mov

Description goes as follows.  I think there may be some audio podcast links in it as well:

***********************************************************************************************************************
<http://homepage.mac.com/apexgrin/.Public/fascism.mov> firsthand account <http://www.404audio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14814>  from one of the performers (story found on horkulated <http://www.horkulated.com/> ):
At about 11:30 or so, I was standing behind the stage talking with  someone when I noticed a helicopter pulling over one of the mountain tops.  [...]

The helicopter dipped lower and lower and started shining its  lights on the crowd. I was kind of in awe and just sat and watched this thing  circle us for a minute. As I looked back towards the crowd I saw a guy dressed  in camoflauge walking by, toting an assault rifle. At this point, everyone was  fully aware of what was going on . A few "troops" rushed the stage and cut the  sound off and started yelling that everyone "get the fuck out of here or go to  jail". [...]

They had police dogs raiding the crowd of people and I saw  a dog signal out a guy who obviously had some drugs on him. The soldiers  attacked the guy (4 of them on 1), and kicked him a few times in the ribs and  had their knees in his back and sides. As they were cuffing him, there was  about 1000 kids trying to leave in the backdrop, peacefully. Next thing I  know, A can of fucking TEAR GAS is launched into the crowd. People are running  and screaming at this point. [...]

- One of the promoters friends (a  very small female) was attacked by one of the police dogs. As she struggled to  get away from it, the police tackled her. 3 grown men proceeded to KICK HER IN  THE STOMACH. [....]

- The police were rounding up the staff of the  party and the main promoter went up to them with the permit for the show and  said "here, I have the permit." The police then said, "no you don't" and  ripped the permit out of his hand. Then, they put an assault rifle to his  forehead and said "get the fuck out of here right now."

Now.. let's get  the facts straight here.

This event was 100% legal. They had every  permit the city told them they needed. They had a 2 MILLION DOLLAR insurance policy <http://missingkittentv.com/blogger/2005_08_01_archive.html#>  for the event. They had  liscenced security guards at the gates confiscating any alcohol or drugs found  upon entry (yes, they searched every car on the way in). Oh, I suppose I  should mention that they arrested all the security guards for possession.
read the whole thing <http://www.404audio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14814>  & watch the footage <http://homepage.mac.com/apexgrin/.Public/fascism.mov> . un-fucking-believable!!! but part of a disturbing and growing international trend. what the fuck for???
posted by mariah at 12:57 PM <http://missingkittentv.com/blogger/2005/08/armed-military-raid-legal-party-in.html>  6 comments <http://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=11912683&amp;postID=112481760509292025>   <http://www.blogger.com/email-post.g?blogID=11912683&amp;postID=112481760509292025>

Another incredible video is this one:

Each of us reacts differently to individual vlogs.  Jonny Goldstein has made me laugh.  A fellow who fell into a lake with his cell phone on showed me how to dry it out in low heat and make my cell phone work again after it had fallen off my belt into a toilet.  (great practical advice).

However, I must say that a young woman named Anne Walk shared a very private and frightening day when she posted "Day of my biopsy" http://8bitme.blogspot.com/2005/08/biopsy-day-arrives.html  It really broke new ground in many ways.  I've never had a biopsy and hopefully never will.

She apparently gets here results in a day or two.  She wants to videotape and vlog that fateful meeting.  I hope some members of this group will check out her vlog and send her messages of appreciation and encouragement.  By watching, you'll know what having a biopsy is like (no fun and dreadful needles).

More importantly, you'll share a frightening and special moment in another person's life.  It really shows how vlogging can be the means to share a dynamic, even frightening, experience.  Let's take the time to join her in this journey and to thank her for sharing it with us.

Vloggers just don't get the support and feedback they deserve.  This a dramatic example of that.  Be human.  Watch,. listen and then leave a comment.

The address again: http://8bitme.blogspot.com/2005/08/biopsy-day-arrives.html

Randolfe (Randy) Wicker

A vlog that should shared by everyone is this one which is like a hymn to vlogging:

This video captures the spirit of the vlogging world.
http://randomshow.com/media/video/20050804a.mov

My first vlog is actually one of my best even if it gives the mistaken impression that I am a masochist.

http://55broad.video.blip.tv/RandolfeWicker-HangYourLoveOnTheBedroomDoor366.mov

My other vlogs can be accessed at the link below:

Vloggingly yours,

Randy Wicker

------ End of Forwarded Message

Individual Fireant Typepad