It is not a "made-up problem." Female text bloggers get this all muck
the time if they have have a high traffic site. And if they choose to
talk about certain issues, ewww.

Yes, if someone say they want to kick your ass it is not a threat to
you. And you are right, there is no real problem. It is a different
experience for women. Some of us will do exactly as you say you will,
either ignore it or ask for proof.

Some of us will wonder if the creep will use the Internet to find us.

> U.S. citizens are incubated in a culture of victimization, women
even more than men.

Aggggh. I will accept that there is a "small" element of our culture
that promotes victimization for profit. We ain't stupid either. There
are certain things women have to do to protect themselves.

One is to know that if some slug post or continues to post
inappropriate content on our blogs that is you (women folk)have the
tools (mentally and technologically) to stop him. It is not in your
mindset. It has to be in mine.

>It's just a shame we can't move on from it.

Yeah, I hear this one a lot from people who don't have to or don't
want to deal with the problem. Let's put blinders on and move forward.
I have to say that one statement produces anger in me that has nothing
to do with you. I do appreciate your comments. So I will take a walk
or clean something.

But shit still stinks if you move on or not.