I should have mentioned that the encoding was really slow compared
with what I've been used to when encoding in 3ivx. I think this might
be because of the multi-pass setting. You could probably use single
pass but my understanding is the compression might not be as efficient.

Also, how I found out the "Movie to iPod" presets: I opened an
existing AVI file, exported it using the "Movie to iPod" setting,
opened the resulting file in QuickTime and looked under Window -> Show
Movie Info.

The Apple iPod website suggests the video iPod is available now, so it
will be interesting to see how they sell and what resulting feedback
we get on our video podcasts.

All the best,
Waz.
www.crashtestkitchen.com