On 10/24/05, Joshua Kinberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Here's documentation from Macromedia... you may have already seen this:
> < http://www.macromedia.com/support/flash/images_video/flash_video/ >
> < http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=tn_14041 >

Question: what's the difference between wrapper format and compression
algorithm?

The magic incantation for Flash is 'sorensen spark codec':
http://livedocs.macromedia.com/flash/mx2004/main_7_2/wwhelp/wwhimpl/common/html/wwhelp.htm?context=Flash_MX_2004&file=00000340.html

Documentation here suggests that Quicktime supports that codec:
http://www.sorensonstore.com/faq.php

However I think this leaves the issue of wrapper format completely
unspecified, meaning that MP4 is unsupported.  Like Mike says, it's
FLV or nothing.

Ok, now I'm finally up to speed on this.  Sorry to be so far behind
the general curve...

-L